Lamps.com Inc. is a growing lighting + design company with two distinct divisions: Online Retail and Design Services. Our retail website is aimed at serving the individual consumer in search of design inspiration, as well as the trade professional seeking a reliable and resourceful lighting partner. The Design Services team partners with architects, interior designers, and multi-unit developers to create meaningful experiences through lighting and design. Whether illuminating retail spaces, restaurants and bars, corporate interiors, or high-end residences, we understand the value and appreciate the impact that lighting has on great design.
Situated in the heart of Midtown Village, Philadelphia, our team is comprised of passionate, driven, and engaged individuals. Our team members have a variety of backgrounds and experiences that span design, e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, and media.
Lamps.com is seeking driven, talented, and creative individuals to help support continued growth. If you are looking for a challenging, collaborative environment with ample growth opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Who We're Looking For
- Self-starter; someone who is proactive and excels at taking initiative.
- Design enthusiast; Someone with an interest and passion for design
- Strong communicator; someone who is articulate when setting customer and vendor expectations.
- Detail oriented; someone who is organized, attentive, and focused.
- Positive force; someone who is optimistic, collaborative, and confident.
- A chameleon; someone who embraces and thrives on change, and easily adapts to evolving priorities.
- Rising star; someone who has the desire to continuously grow and develop.
- Act as a bridge between the internal Design Services team and Customers, Partners (architects + designers), Product manufacturers, and Contractors
- Provide administrative and operational support to the Design Services team
- Engage with clients and support them with design support and guidance
- Assist Design Services team and Architecture + Design partners with quoting, order support, delivery coordination, and any post installation follow up activities
- Assist in understanding and assessing design objectives in accordance to clients’ needs
- Provide input in creation of design recommendations
- Confer with clients to understand and capture their lighting + design requirements (via the phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Create specifications packages and submittals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally some background or experience in design
- Exhibits competence and professionalism when dealing with internal and external partners
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Organized and proficient at managing workload and prioritization of activities
- 1 to 3 years experience in client-facing design, operations, vendor management, client relations, customer service.